I'm facing problem in bulk check-in using Dimensions 2009 R2 Desktop Client.
In Dimensions Desktop client, I have more than 100 files for which I need to check-in the second revision. I have the second revision files in my local PC. To upload these second revision into Dimensions Desktop client, I did the following steps.
1) Copied the second revision 100 files in my D drive with folder hierarchy similar to the Dimensions. (Note: I don’t have metadata hidden folder in my local PC check-in folders)
2) I have set the Work Area to D drive in Dimensions
3) Right clicked on the root folder in Dimensions and selected "Deliver" option.
4) Selected "Modified" and clicked next.
5) For all the items it shows "Conflict" and for all the folder it shows "Pseudo Conflict". (Here it goes wrong. It should suppose to show "Modification" for all items).
I got struck at step-5 and not able to continue further. I tried "Update" and "Synchronize" option also instead of deliver in Step-3, however I ended up with the same issue.
Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue. My requirement is to check-in second revision for bulk number of files in Dimensions. I know this could have been done somehow using web client but I don’t have access to web client currently.
Accepted AnswerEmployeeAlex ShevchenkoOnline
Accepted AnswerAnand VenktesanOffline0Hi Alex,
Thanks for your input.
I agree. Those 100 files with me were worked by differenct resources and hence I have consolidated all the files into one folder. At this point, it is very difficult to keep the metadata hidden folders in my consolidated list. So is there any other method I can achieve my requirement without using metadata hidden folders? I have noticed in Dimensions 9.1 web client using "Upload" option I can able to do bulk check-in without using support folders (metadata). Is there any similiar option in Dimensions 2009 R2 Desktop client? Apologize if my question doesn't make any sense. Just curious to know.
Accepted AnswerEmployeeAlex ShevchenkoOnline0Hi Anand,
If it's really required - you may try using Revise Item functionality. So, you select all items in Desktop Client and choose Revise Item operation, this will create new repository tip revision basing on your local file regardless of metadata existence.
You even can switch off metadata creation during this operation in Tools | Preferences | Write metadata. However having no metadata is not recommended way of Dimensions CM usage.